- During the Abbonati alla Libertà event held by Crédit Agricole Village in Milan, FCA Bank and their subsidiary Leasys introduced their new car subscription offer.
- This service called Leasys CarCloud relies on a non-binding subscription that can be renewed each month for more flexibility.
- Targets: individual customers and self-employed workers.
- Contract’s main specifics:
- Two monthly subscription offers
- Several models available for each
- Non-binding offer (the contract can be ended at any time)
- Access to vehicles in all major Italian cities, from 150 Leasys Mobility Store locations, or home delivery (charged extra)
- Full-digital service access and contract monitoring, via Amazon
- Set of convenient car-related services (road tax, multi-risk insurance, warranty, maintenance, tyre change, etc.)
- Customer process: Once provided a subscription code on carcloud.leasys.com, customers are prompted to validate their registration on Amazon. They choose one of the two subscription offers:
- Leasys CarCloud 500: from €249/month, which includes the 500, 500X, 500L, 500L Wagon, 500L Cross
- Leasys CarCloud Jeep: from €349/month, which includes the Jeep Renegade and Jeep Compass
- They may shift to the other subscription offer at any time, and change vehicle (choosing any of the models available from one subscription type).
- Making adjustments to gain momentum in the “subscription economy”. FCA Bank and Leasys are making adjustments in line with the trend of “disownership”.
- Addressing occasional needs. Besides consumption-related expectations, the subscription model also lets car drivers change vehicle (from SUV to convertible) based on needs.
- According to FCA Bank and Leasys, more than 5.2 million Italian people are relying on shared mobility services.
- This financial arm and their leasing subsidiary Leasys already tried to win shares of this new market. In addition to Leasys CarCloud, they already feature a P2P leasing service and a flexible, mileage-based offer.
- They also teamed up with Amazon on testing a short-term leasing service accessible via the e-commerce platform since June 2019.